Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer

The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at HomeThe Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since I started homeschooling my middle school daughter, I have read numerous books, websites, blogs, and articles on how to choose a curriculum. This book was one of the best guides in a well-rounded education. I admit that I skipped the elementary section, because that no longer applies to my daughter. I only skimmed the high school section, because I will check this book out from the library again next year to guide our choices in my daughter's education. The section in the back about how to pull your child out of school, socialization, applying for college, etc is not as well covered as in other books and online sources which tend to be more current. I highly recommend this book for the guidance on curriculum and how to instruct your child/student in a classical education. It is thorough, well documented, and easy to follow. I will admit that I spent a great deal more on books this year than last year, but in preparation for a college bound student, it is worth the investment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment