Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown

The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You AreThe Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book really talked to me. Almost every chapter taught me something about how I was being who I was "supposed" to be and not who I actually am. The author mentions that this is not a self-help book, and she is right in some ways. Most self-help books have a list of do this, then this, and you will achieve that. This book questions your assumptions about love, perfection, authenticity, and joy. It still helps you, as long as you are willing to be open to her messages and go along with her questioning.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment